Monday, May 3, 2010

Thank God for each day



I could listen to this song on constant rotation. It's such a GREAT reminder of how to live. To keep it simple.
Be strong in the Lord.
Never give up hope.
You're gonna do great things.
God's got His hands on you.
Don't live life in fear.
Forgive and forget.
Don't forget why you're here.
Take your time and
PRAY

I need these reminders today as I start my new job and embrace the busy-ness that is being a college teacher. It's easy even to come home and "veg"--read, watch TV, surf online, do anything & everything to avoid private time with God.

I'm reading "Have a Little Faith" by Mitch Albom and there's a part in there that talks about how our routines & traditions have stopped including God and I had to pause and think about that. It's so true! I think about my 'daily routine': get up, shower, leave for work (maybe taking out some garbage along the way), go through the drive thru at Tim Horton's on the way to work, work, come home, nap (? maybe), go to the gym, eat, sleep...lather, rinse, repeat. Sure, I'll pray throughout the day, but where's the time spent LISTENING to God or reading the Bible? Ummmm not in existence.

So. I need to make that a tradition. To build God into my routine, because really. He should be my priority. Everything I have is because of Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment