Friday, July 2, 2010

list

1. The building I live in has been sold. It will be converted into a condo complex. This is OK. I will not buy a place here, so in 3 months to a year I'll be moving out.
a. Do I move into a different apartment?
b. Do I buy a place?

2. I was talking to my boss today and he mentioned something along the lines of posting a position for a "buffer" between him and the rest of the staff. (Isn't this what a Head Teacher does?) Anyway, it seems he has me in mind for the role. That would be good.

3. Regardless, I'll still be teaching in the Fall. Hallelujah.

4. This also means I'll be working on my CERTESL (Teaching English as a Second Language certification) starting in September. I had been thinking of doing my MA-TESL, but Trinity still hasn't gotten back to me about some questions I had--it's been over a month. And my boss REALLY wants to make sure I'm registered somewhere so when we make the switch to faculty it'll all be OK (the faculty thing is a rumour/desire, but hopefully it happens!!)

So I'm really thinking & praying about #1. I would like to buy because rents here are so crazy that I would rather spend my money on an investment than pour it down a black hole and never really feel "settled in."

I don't mind being in a holding pattern. It's a challenge for me to keep God first and to keep doing what I'm doing--but better. I don't know if that makes sense. :) But it feels like there are some changes coming. In my book, that is usually an exciting thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment