Sunday, May 24, 2009

"news"

I am trying to give up junk food.

Why? Well...it's processed, has high calories, and of no nutritional value. And in it's own way is an unhealthy addiction. Of course when I was out walking this morning I was thinking "oooooo I should stop at KFC on my way home. KFC is chicken. Chicken is good. And their fries & gravy....." Yeah, ain't it funny how the brain works?!!? Argh! So I didn't go. I avoided driving past any fast food restaurants and stopped in at Sobey's to buy salad stuff, bell peppers, etc. It's not easy, you know. There's so much "easy" food out there and I am not really a fan of cooking...so hunkering down with a bag of sunflower seeds and a book is more my nutritional speed. :/ But I have to change that, I really really do!!

In other news..ha! what other news?!? I changed my apartment around and gave it a pretty good cleaning. I lost the cap to my olive oil bottle under the stove (bugger!). I am applying left right and centre for jobs at the university and college because, frankly, those are the two places I'd like to work. I got a wiifit and am trying to use it daily (I quite like the ski jump and the hula hoop!). The date that I thought might turn into something more didn't...or hasn't. BOO! :)

OK, I think that's enough in the way of "news" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment