Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Day 1-ish of Be Kind

Today I cleaned out my fridge. I threw out rotten food, empty bottles, and a few things I was unsure of! I bought food I know for sure that I like and will eat: asparagus, mini-cucumbers, mushrooms, cara cara oranges.

This is Day 1 of working on eating foods I like that are also healthy. I don't much like fruit, but there are some I will eat. But I also want to try different kinds of fruit to see if there's more out there that I enjoy besides cara cara oranges, papaya, and persimmons. I am mildly allergic to all melons and for sure don't like kiwis.

I don't think my trainer's plan was harsh. He was working with what he knew. And he knows "5 meals a day rah rah rah." :) I don't work like that, nor did I really want to work like that beyond week...ohhhh....3? 4? Perhaps it's stubbornness, but I'm really coming to the conclusion that I have to look at food and eating and exercise NOT as torture to be happy. But give myself permission for kindness. This probably isn't making sense, but I'll be writing more on these lines in the future, so hopefully it'll get cleared up.

And thanks to Conan--who left his late night spot with the words "work hard. be kind." I like that philosophy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment