Friday, March 26, 2010

I bought a new vacuum cleaner today. You'd think that would put me in a frenzy of cleaning, but no. Not so much. I did my living room, scooted it around my kitchen and pronounced it in working order :) My other vacuum cleaner--an electrolux that belonged to my Grandma--gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago. I'll be a little sad to get rid of that one. Nothing like the old electrolux's!!

Busy day today. Work. A staff meeting (not a fan). Two workshops. The last workshop was on Conflict Resolution. It was one-on-one with the facilitator because I missed Tuesday's class. So definitely a treat! And wow. He was SUCH an encouragement. He suggested that I go see one of the women from our class for an in-depth career assessment. He said when I started the class he could see me going down two paths, but he wasn't sure. By the end, he could see about 4 different paths for me! :) He didn't say which ones & I didn't ask, but will definitely go for the career assessment. It's something I probably should have done post-high-school, but what did Guidance Counsellors really know? I mean, ours was the Physics Teacher..so really!

Plus, I've really been seeking GOD's guidance in this area because I feel so adrift sometimes. Like, I'm about 5 years "behind" everyone else my age. Thank goodness I LOOK 25!! ;)
Anyway, I was really encouraged by his encouragement. It's nice to have some validation that I'm not nuts, that I do have gifts and they just need to be channelled appropriately.

This song was my "encouragement song" today:

No comments:

Post a Comment