Sunday, August 9, 2009

Day 3 (con't)

Yes. I'm still working through Day 3. I've reread it 2 or 3 times and have just finished journalling through the 5 common things that drive people (fear, need for approval, anger/resentment, materialism, guilt) and will work through the 5 benefits of a purpose-driven life tomorrow. Yes, I have a private journal--because I need to actually WRITE things out) and then am blogging some of what goes into my private journal. Plus more.

I really didn't expect to get stumped on Day 3!! I honestly expected to breeze through the 40 days an emerge at the end of it having grown, but relatively unscathed. Uhhhhh not so much.

I have a feeling there's going to be a major shift going on in my perceptions, my thinking, etc. Which is good, and necessary..but I guess I was a little over-confident at my ability to "absorb." :) Silly me!

I definitely need to have more of a reliance on God. It's been an effort to turn my trust over to Him as I look for a job, but I need to because I get frustrated and anxious and tense when I even look at job ads. That's not how I want to be. I know in my head that God has perfect timing. That knowledge just has to connect to my heart. So I surrender over and over and over again. There's no point, is there, in just surrending a little bit of my life to God. It has to be my whole life. *deep breath* A little scary, but probably far more worthwhile than me clenching my life tighly in my fist afraid to "let go & let God." Silly that we think we need to see the plan first before we approve it. Oh how arrogant we humans are!!

Anyway, tomorrow or Tuesday I'll finish up with Day 3. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment