Thursday, April 16, 2009

blog start

Well, I was originally going to use this blog for a class project, but ended up doing something different. So I'm going to use it to post videos I like and talk about "stuff" :)

The first video I'm going to post is one of my favourite "pick me ups." It's a Skype laughter chain and it's simply meant to make you laugh. I think laughter is hugely important and I try not to take myself too seriously!!



Anyone who knows me knows that I have problems buying three things: shoes, jackets, and hairspray.

I'll leave the shoes and jackets issue for another post, but I'm going to talk about hairspray. I CAN NEVER BUY THE RIGHT KIND OF HAIRSPRAY! I either buy some black market awful-from-pre-Wall-Fall-Down-Eastern-European crap that smells like dog poo, or something that freezes my hair into a shiny helmet fit for making calls to aliens in outer space.

Not good.

What I would LIKE from my hair product is something that holds my hair in place but doesn't make my head into a rigid helmet or look like bugs would stick! Right now I'm trying out Tresemme (I caved in to the promises of the commercial, I admit it), and it's doing an OK job. By OK I mean that it sort of holds my hair in place until I get out the door (but not much further, unlike the 24 hour hold promised in the commercial!), and it doesn't make me look like I'm wearing a wig. I don't have a huge attachment to my hair, but I do admit that bad hair days are frustrating. Plus, I'm trying to grow my hair long...so that's an adventure in itself--thanks to the hairdresser who gave me layers when I didn't want them and left the bottom looking a bit mullet-ish. I tell ya...if I were better with scissors I would have cut my own hair.

Phew, thank goodness I'm not vain! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment